Curb Appeal Residential Enhancement (C.A.R.E.) Grant Program
The City of Anoka HRA is proud to announce they will again be funding up to $100,000 to grant recipients in 2023 for the Curb Appeal Residential Enhancement (C.A.R.E.) Grant Program. Individual grants will be limited to $1,000 minimum-$5,000 maximum per property.
The C.A.R.E. Grant Program application deadline is February 28th, 2023. Recipients will be chosen by lottery drawing to be held on Wednesday, March 1st at 3:00pm. The C.A.R.E. Grant Program lottery event will occur in person at Anoka City Hall. Applicants do not need to be present to win.
The intent of the C.A.R.E. Grant Program is to pay a portion of project costs to Anoka property owners who will make certain exterior improvements to the front (street side) of their home, increasing its curb appeal which benefits the entire community. There are no income limits to participate in this program.
Eligibility Requirements (all conditions must be met to be eligible)
- 1 to 4 unit buildings, owner-occupied, single family, townhome, twin home, or condo.
- My home is located in Anoka, MN and has homestead status with Anoka County Property Records. Relative homestead is not eligible.
- I am current on my Anoka County property taxes.
- My property value is less than $350,000 based on Anoka County estimated property value.
- My projects include at least one item from the Beautification Project List. See list below.
- My projects will be visible from the street in front of my house.
- None of my projects are covered, or will be covered, by an insurance claim.
- Work cannot begin until the required paperwork has been submitted to the Anoka HRA and a Grant Award Certificate has been provided to and signed by homeowner.
**Required** Beautification Projects (25% Grant)
All applications must include at least one from this list.
- Front door, storm door, and/or garage door.
- Sidelight windows by front door
- Exterior lighting
- Columns at front door
- Covered front porch
- Brick, stone, or shake siding.
- Alter roofline on front of house
- Permanent landscaping (includes tree trimming, removal and replacement of overgrown and/or dead items, planting new trees, shrubs, plants, and/or perennial flowers) $250 minimum.
- Driveway, sidewalk (repair or replace, stamped concrete).
- Window boxes, shutters (add or replace).
- Screening of utility boxes and/or garbage and recycling cans
- Fence (add, repair, or replace).
For more information regarding eligible projects and additional program details, please see our 2023 C.A.R.E. Grant Program Information brochure or contact Darin Berger at firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-576-2724. For additional commentary, watch the QCTV interview with Housing and Redevelopment Manager, Darin Berger. YouTube Video