2022 Swim Lessons Registration will start March 28
Click here to see registration and register on March 28 at 8am.
To see the schedule fully, click the document below (2022 Lessons Schedule).
*New this season*
Jump back in!
Our Jump Back In is a swim lesson refresher course for all swimmers who may not have had lessons since last summer. The Jump Back In refresher course provides review and maintenance to prepare swimmers of all abilities for summer lessons as well as help parents decide on which level is most appropriate for swimmers to begin their summer swim lessons with the Anoka Aquatic Center. Jump Back In lessons run for four days from June 13-16.
Our Swim Strokeshop is a swim lesson maintenance course for all swimmers who need to focus on specific strokes. The Swim Strokeshop course provides in-depth focus on the mechanics of specific strokes that swimmers typically get stuck on and pushes them forward to excel in their next lessons with the Anoka Aquatic Center. Swim Strokeshop runs for four days from July 5 - July 8.
The Jr. Guard class will run for 4 days during July 5 - July 8. This class will give a preview into the skills and requirements for Lifeguards and give students the opportunity to experience what it takes to become a Lifeguard. Students will practice lifeguard skills including rescues, First Aid, CPR, and AED, though they will not become certified.
|Class||Morning & Evening Lessons|
|Parent and Child Aquatics||$44|
|PreSchool (Ages 1 through 3)||$54|
|Learn to Swim Level 1||$54|
|Learn to Swim Levels (2 through 6)||$64|
|Adult Swim Lessons||$54|
|Private Swim Lessons||$96|
Financial Assistance for Learn to Swim Swim Lessons!
The Aquatic Center Learn-to-Swim program was awarded grant money, from USA Swimming and the USA Swimming Foundation, to support those requesting financial assistance for Swim Lesson. Applications are now available to request financial assistance for Learn to Swim levels Parent Child through Level 6. Applications will be reviewed, then awarded amounts as available. Residents of Anoka will have first priority. Contact Nickie Jenks via email (email@example.com) or call the Public Service office at 763-576-2980 with any questions. Click the following link for the application. 2022 Swim Lessons Fee Application
We offer a quality swim program taught by Red Cross certified swim instructors at an affordable price. Plan your swim lesson schedule and register at our CivicRec page.
- Each swim lesson level curriculum includes safety skills and discussion topics that will be taught on land.
- Heated showers are provided.
- Participants are encouraged to wear lycra swim shirts or white t-shirts for added warmth on cold weather days.
- The pool water is heated to a minimum of 83 degrees.
- Swim Lessons are never cancelled due to cold temperatures or rain.
- Participants will be notified by phone or email if a class is to be cancelled.
- Refund requests must be made with at least half the lessons remaining. There will be no opportunity for refunds if over half of the lesson days have passed.
- Swim Classes must meet a minimum registration number in order to be held. If the minimum is not met, the Anoka Aquatic Center staff will do what they can to accommodate your swim registration at different course time.
- There will be a registration charge of 25% of the class fee, deducted from each refund/cancellation.
- A credit voucher valid for the following year is available in lieu of a refund. The credit will be allocated to the citizen account in the registration software program.
- All swimmers must come dressed, limited access to changing rooms.
- Children that are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper
- The class schedule only allows instructors to have 5 minutes between classes, which is not enough time to answer questions or discuss concerns with every parent. The manager on duty will be happy to answer any question you may have and will gladly relay information to your child’s instructor. Or you may leave your contact information and the instructor can contact you later in the day.
- Do not bring toys or swim aids from home unless encouraged to do so by the instructor. We provide appropriate instructional equipment available for use at every level.
- Encourage your child to try all of the skills, play all the games, and get in the water for every class! Participation is key to learning and swimming success.
- Have fun! Every child learns to swim at a different pace and may not pass each level on the first try. Celebrate the progress they do make and try to find time to practice their swimming skills during open swim, at the lake, or even in the tub at bath time.
- Please let the instructor know if your child is afraid of the water or has special needs that may affect his/her ability to learn.
- Please tie long hair back to keep it out of your child’s face and becoming a distraction during class.
- Shower and use the restroom before every swim lesson .
- Use of properly fitting goggles are allowed if they do not distract the child. We do prefer that beginning swimmers learn to open their eyes underwater before using goggles. Goggles are encouraged for participants in level 4 to 6 when students begin to swim longer distances and laps.
- You are invited to stay on the pool deck and watch your child’s lesson, but please maintain a distance of at least 15 to 20 feet between you and the pool edge to minimize distraction.